Easy Low-Carb Keto Taco Soup
Easy Low-Carb Keto Taco Soup is the perfect stovetop recipe for the season! This soup is loaded with ground beef, fresh vegetables, and homemade taco seasoning. You can substitute chicken or add ranch if you wish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef I use organic, grass fed
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 14.5oz can diced chilis and tomatoes
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream optional for flavor
I like to use a Dutch Oven so that I can cook the whole recipe using one pot. Heat a Dutch Oven on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onions, green peppers.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
Add the ground beef and taco seasoning. Break down the ground beef using a meat chopper.
Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the ground beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
Add the broth, diced tomatoes and chilis, and tomato sauce to the pot and stir.
Lower the heat to Low. Cover the pot and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Open the pot and pour in the heavy cream and stir. I like to taste repeatedly here and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Serve with toppings.
Avocado, Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt, Jalapenos, Shredded Cheese, Crumbled Bacon, or Crunchy Parmesan Cheese Whisps
- If adding heavy cream be sure the heat on the pot is set to low setting. Add the cream when the heat is low to avoid it separating from the soup. If fat isn't drained from the ground beef, this may result in separation as well.
- I like the broth base of this soup and found that it didn't need thickening for me. If you want to thicken the soup you can add cream cheese or use 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Add the xanthan gum to a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of the cooked soup broth. Stir until it thickens and add the mixture back to the pot. Stir until thick.
- You can substitute chicken or ground turkey in this recipe if you wish. For chicken you can use cooked rotisserie chicken or you can cook skinless chicken breasts in an Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 19g