Easy, Keto Low-Carb Biscuits and Gravy
Easy, Keto Low-Carb Biscuits and Gravy is the best country southern recipe with sausage gravy made with cream cheese, cream, and without xanthan gum. The biscuits are light and fluffy and baked with almond flour.Easy, Keto Low-Carb Biscuits and Gravy is the best country southern recipe with sausage gravy made with cream cheese, cream, and without xanthan gum. The biscuits are light and fluffy and baked with almond flour.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1 pound ground sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the almond flour, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
Add in the beaten egg and melted butter. Stir.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to form biscuits using the dough and place it on the parchment paper. The dough will make 11-12 biscuits.
Wet your fingers and flatten the top of the biscuits using your fingers.
Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
Add the ground sausage and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Break down the sausage into smaller bits using a meat chopper. Cook for a few minutes until the sausage is no longer pink.
Adjust the heat to medium and add in the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Stir and cook for 3-6 minutes until the cream cheese has melted and the gravy thickens.
Serve the gravy over the biscuits.
- I like really thick biscuits and gravy. If you prefer more gravy, feel free to add additional heavy cream or something like almond milk. You will have to consider adding additional cream cheese to thicken it up some.
- You can also use xanthan gum to thicken up the gravy. Add 1/4 teaspoon to a small bowl with a couple of tablespoons of the gravy. Stir until thick and add it to the gravy and stir until the gravy thickens.
- If you want cheddar biscuits you can add 1/3 cup of shredded cheese to the biscuit dough after you have mixed in the butter and eggs.
- For serving size, divide the gravy equally among the biscuits.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 30g