Juicy Instant Pot Brisket
Juicy Instant Pot Brisket is an easy pressure cooker recipe marinated with rubs and spices and drizzled in BBQ sauce if you wish. Serve this brisket for any of your favorite holidays or for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2-3 pounds brisket I used a 3 pound flat.
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup broth Any broth such as chicken or beef is fine.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
I like to keep the cap of fat on the brisket. I do not trim it because it helps add flavor to the beef. You can trim it if you wish.
Drizzle 2 teaspoons of Liquid Smoke over the brisket, about a teaspoon for each side. Sprinkle the BBQ rub, salt, and pepper throughout. Pat down on the rub so that it penetrates the meat.
I like to cover and seal the brisket and marinate it in the refrigerator. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight, optional, but recommended.
Add the sliced onions, garlic, broth, Liquid Smoke, and soy sauce to the pot.
Place the brisket in the pot with the fat cap side facing up.
Close the pot and seal. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking. Ensure the pressure is on "Normal" mode if you plan to slice the brisket along the grain and serve it in slices. Place the pressure on "More" mode if you plan to shred the brisket. I use the Instant Pot Duo.
When the pot indicates it has finished, allow the steam to release from the pot naturally for 15 minutes before opening.
Open the pot and remove the brisket. Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Slice the brisket along the grain. Drizzle with BBQ sauce if desired.
- Typically, brisket is sliced into slices about 1/4 of an inch thick. Slice against the grain the meat. The grain is the direction the meat fibers go in. Slice against it, to avoid drying out the meat.
- Always adjust the amount and rub and seasoning used to fit your taste. Add more or use less in accordance with your preferences.
- I have also prepared brisket in the Instant Pot by adding 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce to the Instant Pot along with 1/2 cup of broth. This added more BBQ flavor to the beef.
- You can also add a couple of tablespoons to 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the broth mixture, if you are looking for sweet flavor.
- Reheat the brisket in the oven. The microwave usually dries out the meat.
- For shredded beef, you can cook the brisket for the same amount of time, but use the "More" Pressure setting on the Instant Pot Duo.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 22g