Easy Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Easy Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is a quick, simple, Asian pressure cooker recipe that uses either chicken breasts or thighs, soy sauce, and homemade teriyaki sauce. You can use store bought bottled sauce if you wish. Pair this Chinese stir fry with broccoli, cauliflower rice, or brown rice to create healthy meal prep bowls!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum for a keto low carb alternative
- 2 tablespoons water
- chopped green onions
- sesame seeds
Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, and all of the ingredients for the homemade teriyaki sauce to the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the pot and seal. Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
When the pot indicates it has finished, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes, as opposed to a quick release.
Open the pot, remove the chicken, and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water. Stir to create a slurry that will resemble a paste. If you are making the low carb version, Take 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce mixture from the Instant Pot and combine it in a small bowl with the xantham gum. Mix until it forms a thick paste.
Place the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Add the thickener to the pot and stir. Continue to stir until the mixture is fully combined and the sauce thickens.
Turn off the Saute function on the pot. Slice up the chicken and return it to the pot.
Serve the teriyaki chicken over cauliflower or brown rice.
- Adding broccoli to this recipe is optional. I like to add it, to make it a complete meal and to add some fiber. I prefer to use the Steamfresh veggies in a bag. I use about 2 1/2 cups of broccoli and I steam it in the microwave while the teriyaki cooks.
- You can choose to make your own teriyaki sauce or use store-bought. If using store-bought 3/4-1 cup will work fine.
- I chose to slice up the chicken, but you can also shred it using forks.
- Macros noted below assume xanthan gum is used (as opposed to cornstarch) and includes 2.5 cups of broccoli (total).
Serving: 1g | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 5g