Keto Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cups
Easy, Keto Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cups is a quick, sugar-free recipe that only requires 4 ingredients, including Lily's Chocolate Chips and coconut oil. This homemade fat bombs dessert will remind you of Reese's candy. It's also dairy-free and vegan, sure to be a family favorite!
Place the sugar-free chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with the coconut oil. Microwave for 30-45 seconds to melt the chocolate.
Stir the chocolate to combine and ensure the chips have melted. Add in the Confectioner's Sweetener and salt. The sweetener is optional. The chocolate chips have more of a dark chocolate taste, so sweetener may be preferred for some. Taste the mixture repeatedly and add additional sweetener if needed.
Line a mini-muffin tin with 2 muffin liners each. The mixture will make 12 peanut butter cups, but you will use 2 liners for each of the 12 cups.
Pour 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate into each of the muffin cups. Freeze the cups for 15 minutes until firm.
Remove from the freezer. Add in 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter. Top each with another 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate.
Freeze for one hour.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe Tips:
- I added Confectioner's sweetener to the recipe, but it is totally optional. The chocolate chips used in the recipe have a very dark chocolate taste which can taste bitter for some. Taste the chocolate mixture repeatedly and adjust to your preference. If you use granular you may be able to taste the textured crystals.
- When adding the melted chocolate, I used an actual measuring spoon. Tap the spoon alongside the bowl for accurate measurement and to drain excess chocolate that will spill and make a mess when pouring into the muffin tin. I did the same with the natural peanut butter.
- The longer you freeze the cups, the harder the texture. At 60 minutes, the cups are firm, but aren't super solid. If you want really hard cups, freeze them for longer.
- Always freeze any leftover peanut butter cups. They will melt if left out at room temperature. Refreeze any leftover cups in sealable plastic bags.
- Macros assume and estimate 8 servings of Lily's Chocolate Chips. As always, calculate your own macros using the macro calculator of your choice.
- The Confectioner's Sweetener has zero net carbs after subtracting sugar alcohols.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g