Easy, Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili
Easy, Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili is the best, quick pressure cooker recipe with white beans and cream cheese. You can top it with salsa verde, avocado, or any shredded cheese. You can also use dried beans or frozen chicken breasts if preferred.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup onion
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (1 pound total)
- 1 15.5 oz canned navy beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15.5 oz canned Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15.5 oz canned diced tomatoes and chilis drained
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn I used frozen
- 1 cup shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken Flavor
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (if spicy is preferred)
- salt and pepper to taste I like to wait until the dish has been prepared to add salt and pepper. That way I can taste repeatedly and adjust accordingly. This results in making sure the dish isn't too salty. You can always add more, you can't take it back when you have used too much.
Place the Instant Pot on the saute setting. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until both are soft.
Add the chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Next add the chicken breasts, beans, diced tomatoes, Better than Bouillon and all of the seasonings (I reserve the salt and pepper until the end).
Close the pot and seal. Cook on Manual High-Pressure for 20 minutes.
When the pot indicates it has finished, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
Open the pot and remove the chicken breasts. Shred the breasts using a knife and fork. Return the chicken to the pot.
Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, frozen corn, salt, and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the corn is soft and the cheese has melted. If you want creamier chili, add more cream cheese and/or shredded cheese.
Serve in bowls and load it up with your favorite toppings: additional cheese, sour cream avocado, etc.
If you choose to use dried beans, soak the beans in a large bowl of water overnight, first.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken Breasts for White Chicken Chili?
Yes you can use frozen chicken breasts. The cook time will remain the same, but the pot will take longer to come to pressure.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot White Chicken Chili?
Yes, store the chili in airtight containers and freeze. I recommend these food storage containers from Amazon.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 12g