Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a quick and easy 10-minute pressure cooker potatoes recipe with cream cheese and parmesan. This is the perfect comfort food dish! Compare it to Panera Baked Potato Soup. Load it up with sour cream, bacon, green onions, and your favorite toppings!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes I used red
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken flavor
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese cut into chunks
- 1 cup almond milk You can use whatever milk you prefer
- 1/3 cup parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1 cup sour cream or plain non-fat, Greek yogurt yogurt will save calories and fat
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Turn the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and the garlic and onions are soft.
Add the cubed potatoes to the pot. Top the potatoes with the chicken broth and Better Than Bouillon Chicken seasoning. Stir. Close the pot.
Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam. Open the pot and mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the almond milk, cream cheese, parmesan reggiano, yogurt, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste, to the pot.
Stir and allow the soup to cook for a few minutes until all of the cheese has melted.
Serve the soup in bowls. Top with bacon, green onions, and cheddar cheese.
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Tips
- Feel free to use whatever type of potatoes you wish. Russet and Yukon also work well.
- I LOVE the taste of Better than Bouillon Chicken flavor. I use a small amount of it in conjunction with low-sodium chicken broth in this recipe and others. You can choose to forego it, if you wish. This is my preference as I feel the combination gives the soup so much flavor!
- I really love parmesan reggiano cheese. I added some to this recipe and it was such a great decision! This cheese can be on the more expensive side, but trust me, you will be glad you tried it with this recipe.
- If the soup isn't thin enough for you, add additional milk until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g