Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a quick and easy 20-minute pressure cooker recipe with tortilla strips, avocado, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, black beans, and cilantro. This meal is perfect for weeknight dinners, meal prep, and freezer meals.
Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the onions and garlic to the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, Better than Bouillon, taco seasoning, and tomato paste to the Instant Pot.
Close the pot and seal. Place the Instant Pot on Manual > High Pressure Cooking for 10 minutes.
Allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes instead of performing a quick release.
Remove the lid. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred using a knife and fork.
Return the chicken to the pot. Place the Instant Pot on the saute function.
Add the corn, beans, Rotel, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Allow the soup to cook for 3-4 minutes until the corn and beans have softened some.
Serve in soup bowls. Top with tortilla strips, cilantro, and shredded cheese.
- Additional topping ideas: sliced avocado, reduced-fat sour cream, plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (protein sour cream replacement), guacamole, jalapenos.
- If you prefer to use store-bought taco seasoning, use 1/4-1/2 of the packet.
- Cooking time noted includes the estimated time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- If your soup is too salty you can dilute it with small doses of water.
- If you want to make the soup keto friendly, omit the beans and corn. Top with Parmesan Cheese Crisps or pork rinds.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 8g