Big Mac Casserole
This Easy Big Mac Casserole will give you all of the classic flavor of the popular burger from McDonald's but without the carbs. This dish is baked with the special secret sauce, and topped with melted cheese and crunchy pickles. Serve it on a lettuce wrap or as a salad!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef Or ground turkey or ground chicken.
- 1 teaspoon Burger or Steak Seasoning You can use your favorite rub. See notes below for how to make your own.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- additional sliced pickles Optional for topping.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onions, burger seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Use a meat chopper and break the ground beef into chunks.
Add the worcestershire sauce and cream cheese. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink and the cream cheese has melted.
Remove the skillet from heat. Drain excess fat from the beef if necessary.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and all of the ingredients for the Big Mac Sauce.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with oil or cooking spray (if necessary for the type of pan you use. I use ceramic and find it doesn't need it.) Pour the ground beef mixture into the dish. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar over the beef.
Drizzle the liquid mixture on top.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top. Add additional pickles slices to the top if you wish.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese has melted on top and the casserole has set. You can test if it has finished baking, by wiggling the baking dish. If the casserole has a jiggle then it has not set. Mine took 35 minutes to fully bake.
Cool completely before serving. The longer it cools, the better it will set. I cool for 15 minutes. If you slice into it too soon, it will fall apart. It will also fall apart if it hasn't fully baked.
- You can make your own burger seasoning using the following 1/4 teaspoon minced onions, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon coriander.
- Feel free to top it with sesame seeds to make it feel more like a Big Mac!
- Feel free to make additional sauce for drizzling.
- Coconut Aminos or soy sauce can be substituted for worcestershire sauce. It will not taste exactly the same.
- You can substitute white vinegars for others, but it won't taste the same.
- McDonald's adds a little ketchup to give the sauce it's signature color. During testing this recipe I found that I actually love the flavor of adding a little BBQ sauce a lot more. It's amazing, but if you want to substitute ketchup, go for it.
- You can substitute paprika for smoked paprika.
How to Reduce the Fat in the Recipe
- Use ground turkey or ground chicken
- Omit the cream cheese.
- Use low fat or reduced-fat mayo.
- Substitute mayo for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 45g