Easy Air Fryer Fish Sticks
Easy Air Fryer Fish Sticks is a quick homemade recipe using cod fillets and breadcrumbs. These healthy nuggets can be made using fresh or frozen fish. This is a seafood dish the whole family will love!
- 1 pound skinless cod fillets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs I used panko
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add additional to taste if desired.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- cooking oil I used olive oil.
Slice the cod into 1-inch strips or whatever size you wish. Pat dry.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. I use this oil spray bottle.
Add the breadcrumbs to a bowl large enough to dredge the fish sticks along with the seasonings.
Set up a cooking station with the beaten egg, flour, and seasoned breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls large enough to dip the fish sticks.
Dip the fish in the flour, then egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Keep a moist towel nearby. Breading can get really messy.
Place the fish sticks in the air fryer basket. Spray with cooking oil. Do not stack the fish. Cook in batches if necessary.
Cook for 5 minutes on 400 degrees.
Open the basket and flip the fish. Spray with cooking oil. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- Your serving size may vary based on how you slice the fish sticks.
- The amount of flour and breadcrumbs you will need may vary based on the width and height of the fish you use. You may need a little or more or less than what I use in the recipe.
- Spray the fish sticks with oil at a distance to prevent lost breading.
- You can season this fish in a variety of ways. You can also use a half teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning or Creole Seasoning.
- Crispy fish will need a longer cook time. Monitor the fish, every air fryer brand will cook at varying speeds.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 3g