Keto Low-Carb Coleslaw (Paleo, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)
Keto Low-Carb Coleslaw (Paleo, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free) is the best healthy, low-calorie recipe to pair with your summer salad. This crack slaw recipe includes homemade dressing with mayo. You can go with no mayo if you prefer a vinegar based slaw. Green and red cabbage are low in carbs making this the perfect side dish!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar I like for my coleslaw to have a taste of both vinegar and sweetness. To make the perfect slaw to fit your taste, I suggest you start with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sweetener. Taste repeatedly and adjust as needed.
- 2 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw mix I purchased the kind that is cabbage is only without carrots.
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
You can purchase angel hair coleslaw (which is shredded cabbage without the carrots) at any grocery store. I purchased it along with red cabbage to make this dish. You can choose to use the version with carrots if you wish. Adjust the macros as necessary.
Keto Coleslaw Recipe Tips
The key to the perfect coleslaw is to taste repeatedly as necessary.
- Decide how you prefer your coleslaw. Some prefer a really creamy coleslaw. If you like the KFC coleslaw, you may prefer yours to be really creamy. If so, add additional mayo as needed.
- If you prefer yours to be somewhat dry, start with 1/4 cup of mayo and adjust as needed.
- If you like sweet coleslaw, adjust and add more sweetener.
- If you prefer a very vinegar based slaw, add more vinegar and start with a teaspoon of sweetener and adjust as necessary.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g