Quick and Easy Instant Pot Chili
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground beef I used lean beef
- 2 16 oz can kidney beans rinsed
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Beef Flavor
- 1 16oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons sugar optional, I used zero-calorie sweetener Swerve
- salt and pepper to taste I recommend adding the salt and pepper after you have cooked the chili. There is flavor in the beef broth and Better than Bouillon. You don't want to go overboard with the salt. Adding it at the end will allow you to adjust if necessary
- 1 tablespoon red cayenne pepper Add more or less to fit your taste and how spicy you like your chili
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- jalapenos You can also add the jalapenos while cooking if you really like spicy!
Place the Instant Pot on the saute' function. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2 minutes until the onions are soft.
Add the ground beef and spices. Use a large spoon or spatula to break down the beef into small pieces. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the beef is no longer pink.
Add the beef broth, Better Than Bouillon, red peppers, beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Cook for 18 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
When the Instant Pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam.
Remove the chili from the pot. Serve in bowls loaded up with your favorite toppings!
Instant Pot Chili Recipe Tips
- Instant Pot Chili is pressure cooked for 18 minutes. It took about 10 minutes for my Instant Pot to come to pressure. From start to finish, the chili should take less than 40 minutes.
- Seasonings are key to a good chili. I prefer to make my own batch of spices, but feel free to purchase a pre-seasoned chili packet to save time.
- You can cook frozen ground beef in the Instant Pot separate from preparing the batch of chili. Refer to the Instant Pot manual for guidance.
- I love to use a combination of beef broth and Better Than Bouillon beef base. To me, this combination provides immense flavor. You can choose to exclude the Better Than Bouillon if you wish.
- This chili is freezer friendly. I like to store the chili in containers. To defrost, I take the chili out overnight to thaw. I prefer not to thaw in the microwave.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g