Easy Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
This Easy Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup is ready in 10 minutes using your electric pressure cooker! I serve this creamy dish loaded with sour cream, bacon, green onions, or any of your favorite toppings!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes Peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium broth I use chicken broth.
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken flavor
- 4 oz cream cheese I like to use reduced-fat.
- 1 cup almond milk You can use whatever milk you prefer.
- 1/3 cup parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1 cup sour cream or plain non-fat, Greek yogurt Yogurt will save calories and fat.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste Taste repeatedly and adjust.
Turn the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and the garlic and onions are soft.
Add the cubed potatoes to the pot. Top the potatoes with the chicken broth and Better Than Bouillon Chicken seasoning. Stir. Close the pot.
Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam. Open the pot and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. I like to loosely mash it so that it leaves small chunks of potatoes behind.
Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. Add the almond milk, cream cheese, parmesan reggiano, plain Greek yogurt, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to taste, to the pot.
Stir and allow the soup to cook for a few minutes until all of the cheese has melted.
The soup will thicken as it cools and stands.
- Feel free to use whatever type of potatoes you wish. Red potatotes and Yukon also work well.
- The soup is made to have the flavor of a loaded baked potato. If you don't like sour cream on your baked potato, you can omit it (or the Greek yogurt) from the recipe. You should also start with reducing the milk or almond milk to 1/2 cup and add additional if necessary.
- I LOVE the taste of Better than Bouillon Chicken flavor. I use a small amount of it in conjunction with low-sodium chicken broth in this recipe and others. You can choose to forego it, if you wish. This is my preference as I feel the combination gives the soup so much flavor!
- If the soup isn't thin enough for you, add additional milk until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g