Easy, Air Fryer Crunchy Fried Pickles
Easy, Air Fryer Crunchy Fried Pickles is the best, quick recipe that uses panko breadcrumbs to produce perfect crispy chips. Fried pickles in the air fryer can't get much easier! Dip these in ranch or your favorite dipping sauce!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
freezing 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil or use air fryer parchment paper.
Dry the pickles completely. It will make them easier to bread.
Add the flour to a bowl large enough to dredge the pickles. Season the flour with the dried dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
Add the buttermilk and egg to the seasoned flour. Beat and stir to combine.
Add the panko breadcrumbs to a separate bowl large enough to dredge the pickles.
Dredge the pickles in the flour buttermilk mixture and then the panko breadcrumbs. Keep a moist kitchen towel handy for you hands. They will get sticky.
Place the breaded pickles on a plate. After breading the pickles, freeze the pickles for 15 minutes. This is an optional step, but highly recommended. It helps keep the breading intact.
Place the pickles in the air fryer. Do not stack them. Cook in batches if needed.
Spray the pickles with cooking oil. I use olive oil.
Cook for 7-10 minutes on 400 degrees flipping after 5 minutes. Each air fryer brand will cook at different speeds. I also like my fried pickles really crunchy, so I let them cook for 10 minutes.
I paired the fried pickles with ranch topped with dried dill.
How to Make the Pickles Low Carb
Omit the buttermilk, flour, and breadcrumbs. Replace with 1 3/4-2 cups crushed pork rinds and 2 tablespoons of blanched almond flour. Instead of using 1 egg in the recipe, use 2 eggs.
- Keep a moist kitchen towel nearby to wipe your hands while breading. They will get sticky!
- The buttermilk and flour batter will be very thick. This is normal. The thick batter will help produce thick pickles.
- You can make your own buttermilk using 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon. Read more about How to Make Buttermilk here.
- Cook in batches if necessary.
- You can use normal breadcrumbs instead of panko if you wish. Seasoned breadcrumbs will also work.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g