Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork is a quick and easy healthy pressure cooker recipe that is also keto and low-carb. This dish is made with pork shoulder, pork butt, or pork roast and with apple cider vinegar and homemade BBQ sauce. You can use Sweet Baby Rays for a non-low-carb option. The post includes a guide for how to make pulled pork and how long to cook pulled pork in the Instant Pot and cooking time.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
natural release of steam 15 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe Tips
- I trim the fat off of the pork after it has cooked. You can trim the fat first prior to cooking if you wish.
- Searing the pork beforehand is optional and adds additional flavor to the pork. You can still cook the pork without searing it first.
- You can use any BBQ sauce you like in this recipe. For a low carb version, I have provided suggestions.
- If you like your sauce and pork to be on the sweeter side, add additional brown sweetener.
- If you prefer more of a vinegar based sauce, add more apple cider vinegar.
- The best way to test and adjust for flavor is after the meat has been cooked. Taste repeatedly and adjust with more seasonings and ingredients as necessary.
- Liquid smoke is used in this recipe for added flavor and for the pork to taste like it's from the grill.
Can Your Freeze Pulled Pork for Leftovers?
Yes. Store the pork in sealable plastic bags for up to 3 months. I like to defrost in the fridge overnight, as opposed to the microwave.
Can You Put A Frozen Roast in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?
Yes, you will need to add an additional 30 minutes of cook time.