Keto Low-Carb Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
Keto Low-Carb Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole is the perfect quick and easy make-ahead, meal-prep dish loaded with cheese, mushrooms, and peppers.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites You can use 6-7 eggs (in addition to the ones noted above) if you don't want to use egg whites.
- 2-3 cups frozen spinach Thawed and drained. Thaw the spinach and drain the excess water.
- 6 slices bacon Cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies (excluding the spinach) to the pan. Sautee for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
Add the veggies to the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the veggies throughout the dish.
Add another layer, add the spinach.
Whisk the egg whites and eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
Create an additional layer by adding the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before serving.
- You can use any type of shredded cheese you like.
- You can use fresh spinach if you like.
- Store leftovers in the fridge tightly covered for 3-4 days.
- This dish can be frozen tightly sealed and covered for up to 3 months.
- You can add the mixture to a muffin tin to make muffins.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g