Keto Low Carb Beef Nacho Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Keto Low Carb Beef Nacho Stuffed Zucchini Boats is a quick and easy ground beef and cheese recipe that is perfect for keto diets and ketosis. These nachos are loaded with toppings like taco, seasoning, black olives, sour cream, cilantro, and avocado for amazing flavor!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 3 whole zucchini, sliced lengthwise to form 6 boats
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning Use your judgment for how much taco seasoning you wish to use. Some brands may be saltier than others. Season to taste. Refer to cooking note below on tips on how to make your own seasoning.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (add to ground beef) You can also use taco/Mexican flavored cheeses
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sprinkle over the boats) You can also use taco/Mexican flavored cheeses
- 1 jalapeno chopped optional, if you prefer spicy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Trim the ends of the zucchini. Then cut the zucchini in half horizontally.
Scoop and remove the flesh from the center of the zucchini so that you can stuff the zucchini with ground beef. Be careful not to scoop out too much. The zucchini should resemble boat form.
You can choose to discard the zucchini flesh or add more veggies to you nachos! Chop up the removed zucchini flesh and set aside.
Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the ground beef, reserved zucchini, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the ground beef is no longer pink.
Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to the ground beef. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Place the zucchini boats in a baking dish.
Load the ground beef mixture evenly into the zucchini boats.
Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese on top and throughout.
Bake for 20 minutes (uncovered) until the zucchini softens and the cheese has melted.
Remove the boats from the oven and load them up with toppings: sour cream, black olives, avocado, jalapenos etc. Sprinkle cilantro throughout.
One serving = 1 zucchini boat
If you prefer to make your own taco seasoning, here is a recipe. Combine the following:
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Serving: 1zucchini boat | Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g