Easy Air Fryer Rotisserie Roasted Whole Chicken
Easy Air Fryer Rotisserie Roasted Whole Chicken is the best, keto low-carb recipe to teach you how to cook and air fry chicken in your Power Air Fryer XL, Nuwave, or any brand. You will only need a handful of ingredients to make this juicy chicken with extra crispy skin!
I purchased my whole chicken ready with the contents of the cavity removed. If your chicken still has the giblets inside of it, you will need to remove them prior to cooking.
Stuff 1/2 of fresh cut lemon and 1/4 of a chopped onion inside the cavity of the chicken along with the fresh rosemary and thyme.
Make sure the chicken is completely dry on the outside. Pat dry with paper towels if necessary. A dry chicken will help it crisp in the air fryer with the olive oil.
Spray olive oil onto both sides of the chicken using an oil sprayer.
Sprinkle the seasonings throughout and onto both sides of the chicken. You may elect to only season the bottom side of the chicken at this step. Because you will need to flip the chicken during the air frying process, you will likely lose some of the seasonings at this stage. My preference is to season both sides initially, and then re-assess if more seasoning (usually salt is needed later).
Line the air fryer with parchment paper. This makes for easy cleanup. Load the chicken into the air fryer basket with the breast side down.
Air fry the chicken for 30 minutes on 330 degrees.
Open the air fryer and flip the chicken. I gripped the chicken cavity with tongs to flip.
Re-assess if more seasoning is needed on the breasts, legs, and wings. Add additional if necessary.
Air fry for an additional 20-25 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer. This step is important. Place the meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken, which is typically the chicken thigh area. I like to test the breast too, just to ensure the entire chicken is fully cooked.
Remove the chicken from the air fryer basket and place it on a plate to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting into the chicken. This will allow the moisture to redistribute throughout the chicken before you cut into it.
Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe Tips:
- Wear cooking gloves while handling the chicken if preferred.
- Be sure to wash your hands and kitchen utensils really well after handling raw chicken.
- Try to season every inch of the chicken to avoid bland chicken. Use more seasoning than the recipe suggests if needed.
- Removing the chicken without altering the presentation can be tricky. The chicken will need to rest after cooking. If you are having trouble removing the chicken with tongs (without altering the presentation), you can always allow the chicken to cool some and then remove it with your hands.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings. Common seasonings include poultry seasoning, sage, paprika, and more.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 22g