This taco and rice skillet recipe is a great way to allow yourself to enjoy Taco Tuesday, without any of the guilt! You can add salsa to spice it up. Salsa is typically 10-15 calories and 1 gram of carbs per serving. The macros are so low, it never hurts to indulge.
I’m obsessed with skillet dinners. Lately, I have been obsessed with one-pan and sheet pan dinners. I love the ease of being able to create a dish using one pan. I cook so often. The fewer dishes I have to wash, the happier I am.
Calories: 291 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 29G Protein: 24G
Chopping up the veggies takes the majority of the time preparing this dish. I used pre-packaged rice to help save additional time. This dish is perfect for meal prepping. I stored each serving in a Tupperware container.
Toppings: Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, Guacamole, Salsa
Taco and Rice Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bag/container of Seeds of Change Brown and Red Rice
- ½ medium green pepper sliced
- ½ medium red pepper sliced
- ½ medium yellow pepper sliced
- ½ medium orange pepper sliced
- 1/3 cup low sodium black beans
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 1 container Rotel
- ¼ cup whole kernel corn frozen
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ container Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook until browned, while breaking the beef into smaller chunks.
- Add the Rotel, black beans, and corn. Stir to ensure the mixture is combined.
- Heat the rice for 90 seconds in the microwave. Add the rice to the mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve!