A sweet potato overnight oats parfait is the perfect cure for boring breakfast. I often see people eat pre-packaged oatmeal regularly. BLAH! Pre-packaged oatmeal is loaded with preservatives and added sugar. I have started to prefer overnight oats to standard oatmeal. I feel like I have much more control of the consistency. Traditional oatmeal is often pretty thick. I prefer to be closer to the middle of the spectrum.
Calories: 259 Fat: 9G Net Carbs: 29G Protein: 13G
I added chia seeds for a few reasons. Chia seeds work perfectly in recipes like this because they are pretty filling. A filing breakfast is exactly what I need because I work out most mornings and eat breakfast shortly after. Chia seeds are whole wheat and provide protein and fiber. Some studies report that chia seeds provide energy fuel.
Toppings: I sprinkled a little granola throughout the parfait. You could also add almonds, pecans, etc.
Sweet Potato Overnight Oats Parfait
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinammon
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- Poke 4-5 holes in a small sweet potato. Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Remove the potato from the microwave and mash.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or glass jar. Refrigerate overnight.