This healthy sweet potato enchilada skillet is a great recipe to put my spiralizer to use. Prior to this recipe, I had only used my spiralizer for zucchini. Spiralized sweet potatoes are great to addition to a dish because you get the added flavor, without a ton of extra carbs. Carbs are my weakness. I absolutely love them. I realize that in order to stay healthy AND maintain my desired figure, I need to cut back at times 🙂 . Deciding to eat healthy should not feel like a curse. I am a foodie. Everything I eat should taste good, right? This recipe is the perfect hack for skimming back on carbs.
Calories: 358 Fat: 12G Net Carbs: 30G Protein: 27G
Toppings Ideas: Non-fat plain Greek Yogurt and/or guacamole.
Sweet Potato Enchilada Skillet
- 3 medium sweet potatoes spiralized
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ green pepper chopped
- ¼ red pepper chopped
- ½ can Rotel
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup reduced sodium black beans
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce
- ½ medium avocado sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Season the ground beef in a skillet. Cook the ground beef over medium-high heat. Using a large spoon or spatula, break down the ground beef into smaller pieces as it cooks. Cook until browned.
- Remove the ground beef from the skillet and store on a plate.
- Add the onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes and peppers. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes and black beans. Stir/mix well.
- Add the ground beef back to the skillet and stir.
- Top with cheese and enchilada sauce. Allow the dish to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle avocado slices and cilantro over the top. Serve!