This strawberry protein smoothie bowl was just what I needed today after hot yoga. Every Saturday morning I attend hot yoga classes. Saturdays work perfectly for me because I get an opportunity to stretch out my muscles, which are typically sore after a full week of workouts. Each class is amazing, but I typically leave feeling extremely drained and HUNGRY. This recipe was very easy to put together. It packs a lot of power and is loaded with protein. The perfect post-workout meal!
Calories: 345 Fat: 8G Net Carbs: 31G Protein: 27G
I have been seeing smoothie bowls everywhere for quite some time. I have become very intrigued. Years ago, when I first started on a fitness journey, I made protein smoothies daily. I absolutely loved them. Over the years I have grown tired of them. I hate eating the same thing repeatedly. So, I have found other ways to meet my daily protein goal.
It took a long time for me to come around to smoothie bowls. I kept wondering, what makes eating a smoothie from a bowl different from drinking it? Recently, I realized TOPPINGS make a smoothie bowl A LOT different. For this dish, I sprinkled chia seeds and protein granola over the blended smoothie. I love granola. I often eat it with Greek yogurt. The idea of being able to enjoy granola with a smoothie sold me on the idea.
Stay tuned because my mind has been racing with more ideas. I will definitely have more of these bowls posted soon.
Strawberry Mango Power Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp protein granola I used Bear Naked Peak Protein Granola
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Add the frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, protein powder, and almond milk to a blender. For a thick smoothie it's important to use frozen fruit instead of fresh. If you prefer a thin smoothie consistency to thick, then fresh fruit is probably ok for you to use.
- Blend until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with the blueberries, fresh strawberries, chia seeds, and granola.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)