Calories: 262 Fat: 12G Net Carbs: 26G Protein: 14G
I’ve recently committed to trying to incorporate more sweet potatoes into my diet. I grew up eating sweet potatoes. They were always prepared in the traditional, soul food form. I’m not a huge fan of sweet foods. I pretty much gave up sweet potatoes for that reason. I decided to test out this recipe because bowls make meal prep very easy.
The cayenne pepper, paprika, and cinnamon give the dish a nice, savory flavor. I squeezed a small slice of lemon over the bowl immediately prior to eating. Delicious! It makes the chicken taste even juicier.
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bowl
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium avocado cut into small slices
- 1 lemon cut into slices to garnish each bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken with spices and allow to marinate (overnight in the fridge is preferred, but for at least 30 minutes).
- Place the broccoli and sweet potatoes in a medium sized bowl. Toss with the olive oil, cinnamon, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Line two baking pans with foil and spray with cooking spray. Add the vegetables to one pan and the chicken to the other.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli and chicken.
- Flip the potatoes and bake another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Prepare 4 bowls with chicken, vegetables, and avocado slices. Top each bowl with fresh squeezed juice of a lemon.