I’m not a huge salad person. I love salads as a side dish, but I don’t typically eat them often as the main entree. I find it difficult to feel full and satisfied a lot of the times. Salad dressings are another pet peeve. It can be difficult to find a salad dressing that isn’t loaded with sugar unless you make your own. I always caution people to read labels closely. Often, some salads aren’t healthier than the other meal options. This salad is packed with protein (lean chicken breast and black beans). The protein is key and of course the flavor.
Calories: 197 Fat: 1G Net Carbs: 15G Protein: 29G
Southwestern Chicken Salad
- Drizzle the chicken breasts with lime juice and olive oil and season with the spices.
- Add the chicken to a zip lock bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Allow the chicken to cool for 5-10 minutes. Place the chicken, horizontally, on a cutting surface and slice into pieces.
- Place the salad mix in a bowl. Top with chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with salad dressing.