Insert a shrimp bowl rice bowl with mango salsa here because bowls are the wave right now. Bowls are great because they are convenient and provide easy meal prep. I love mango salsa with seafood. The salsa upgrades a boring dish of shrimp and rice to a gourmet meal. I have been on a mango kick lately with a lot of my recipes. I shop at Costco often. My latest bulk purchase was a huge bag of frozen, organic mango. I scored the bag to make protein smoothies. After the purchase, I realized I could do so much more with so much mango. The bag was less than $10. Frozen mango is also a lot easier to deal with than fresh mango. I don’t have to cut up anything and there is less mess.
Calories: 323 Fat: 9G Net Carbs: 33G Protein: 27G
For the frozen, pre-sliced mango, I let it sit at room temperature to thaw within minutes.
Shrimp Rice Bowl with Mango Salsa
- 1 ½ pounds of raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of mango sliced
- ½ cup of cilantro chopped
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups of Seeds of Change Brown Rice/Quinoa combination
- 1 lime cut into 4 slices
- 1 medium avocado thinly sliced
- paprika McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, Kosher salt, and pepper to taste
- Combine the mango, cilantro, red onion, and garlic and stir. Refrigerate.
- Season the shrimp with the seasonings.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Cook the quinoa brown rice combo according to package instructions (90 minutes in the microwave).
- Arrange four bowls with shrimp, the mango salsa, quinoa brown rice, avocado slices, and lime.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)