Sheet pan tilapia with avocado lime crema and roasted veggies was just what I needed to pull me out of my salmon binge. I LOVE seafood, but over the past few years, I have not eaten much tilapia. Tilapia had become somewhat boring to me. As a seafood lover, I love the “fishy” taste of most fish. Tilapia does not really have that taste. That can actually be considered a huge perk for those who are not head over heels for seafood, and dislike the “fishy” taste of a lot of fish. Tilapia is a great lean meat and protein option that excludes the fishy taste.
Calories: 390 Fat: 10G Net Carbs: 32G Protein: 39G
In order for me to get back into the idea of tilapia, I had to create a dish with zest. I chose to top this dish an avocado lime cream sauce because the combination of avocado and lime is simply incredible. Next, the seasonings. I am all about spices! Spices really are key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Lean meats and veggies can truly flourish with the right spices! I drizzled fresh lime juice over the sliced veggies to coat. From there I added chili powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Goodbye bland veggies!
Like most fish, tilapia is loaded with PROTEIN and has no carbs.
Items that will assist with this recipe:
[easyazon_link identifier=”B013JL2SVU” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Mandoline Slicer – Vegetable Slicer – Food Slicer – Vegetable Cutter – Cheese Slicer – Vegetable Julienne Slicer with Surgical Grade Stainless Steel Blades (White)[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B001PQOAP4″ locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]McCormick Dark Chili Powder, 20 oz[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00C3Y25EU” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]El Mexicano Crema Mexicana TriPack 45 Oz[/easyazon_link]
Sheet Pan Tilapia with Avocado Lime Crema and Roasted Veggies
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2-1 whole avocado If you prefer the topping to be thin, use less avocado. I prefer a thick topping, so I used 1 whole avocado
- 6 yukon potatoes sliced into small portions
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp Mexican crema
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- fish rub, salt, and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degress and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Season the fish with the fish rub, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl. Drizzle with juice from 1/2 of the fresh lime. Season the veggies with the remaining chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the tilapia and potatoes to the sheet pan. Cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Add the squash and red peppers. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes uncovered until the potatoes are soft and crisp.
- Add the peeled avocado to a small bowl. Spread the remaining lime juice throughout. Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the crema and stir.
- Top the tilapia with the avocado creama sauce.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)