Low-calorie quinoa omelet muffins help fuel my current omelet muffin obsession. Omelet muffins have been the craze for a while. I love them because they are easy to make in advance. They are also easy to store for the week for meal prep purposes. They are low in calories, and high in protein, which is a great win. These omelet muffins are perfect for grab-and-go lifestyles. I usually work out most mornings so I’m typically strapped for time. I love being able to just grab these from my fridge. I store them in small Ziploc bags.
Calories: 135 Fat: 5G Net Carbs: 12G Protein: 8G
I had leftover sun-dried tomatoes from a previous recipe. They worked perfectly for this omelet muffin dish! This was totally an experiment and I am glad it worked out for the best.
Perfect grab-and-go breakfast. These little guys fit perfectly into my workout routine.
Quinoa Omelet Muffins
- 6 tablespoons Egg Beaters Southwestern Style egg whites
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup Trader Joes fully cooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the quinoa in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients (reserving half of the Swiss cheese).
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon the omelet mixture into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top of each.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.