Every Saturday morning I go to hot yoga class. It is a ritual of mine. After yoga I usually feel very relaxed….and hungry! I threw this recipe together, quickly, after I got home from yoga. I absolutely love poached eggs. Poached eggs really make me feel as though I am whipping up a fancy breakfast in little to no time.
Calories: 288 Fat: 13G Carbs: 16G Protein: 17G
Open Faced Bacon and Spinach Toast with Poached Egg
- 1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread toasted
- 1 egg poached
- 3 slices Uncured Bacon cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese
- pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- Spread the cream cheese over the toast.
- Add the spinach.
- Layer on the bacon.
- Top with the poached egg.
- Sprinkle pepper and crushed red pepper over the top.