When life gives you dark chocolate chips, you make Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Protein Bars. My dark chocolate binge started with my Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Protein Muffins. Then it made it’s way to my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies, and now it has landed here. Trust me, this is not the last chocolate recipe. I still have chocolate chips left to use.
Calories: 155 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 18G Protein: 9G
I have always tried to convince myself that I am not a busy person. I constantly tell myself I can do all of the things I want by simply having a great plan with a schedule that actually works. The reality is I AM BUSY. I do a lot throughout each and every day. I work in an industry that can be very demanding of my time. I am a fitness fanatic. I workout on a very consistent basis and have no plans to compromise that frequency at all in the near future. I have a buzzing personal life. I love to go out to dinners, movies, happy hours, and many more activities with the people I care about. All of this is possible because I PLAN AHEAD and SCHEDULE.
Recipes like this allow my planning and scheduling to flourish. These bars are quick and easy to prepare. They are also super convenient for those of us who are constantly on-the-go. My typical day starts at 4:30 AM with a morning workout. I then shower and arrive at work around 7:15AM. I have no time to put together a protein smoothie in the morning, let alone, cook breakfast. I need recipes like this that travel well and are of course delicious.
Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 4 1/2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/5 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl, mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in a larger mixing bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a baking pan/small casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. (Mine were ready right at 15 minutes)
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into bars.