I came up with Mediterranean Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles because I was in the mood for a Mediterranean or Greek style dish and I didn’t want to overload on carbs. The recipe turned out perfectly. I love the kalamata olives and feta cheese combined with the shrimp. My favorite part of this dish is the Tzatziki sauce. I purchased my sauce at Costco for about $6. I love it. I drizzled a tablespoon or two over the dish prior to serving. Tzatziki sauce is a cucumber yogurt style dip. It is typically served at Greek restaurants. I love it because it tastes amazing and is low in calories and carbs. I can put the sauce on just about anything!
Calories: 213 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 7G Protein: 31G
Mediterranean Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 12-15 Kalamata Olives
- 2 zucchini spiralized
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spiralize zucchini.
- In a medium bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, wine, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the zucchini, red bell pepper strips, tomatoes, scallions, kalamata olives, feta cheese and shrimp on 2 large pieces of foil.
- Drizzle the sauce from the shrimp on top of ingredients.
- Fold all of the foil ends to seal the foil.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the shrimp turns pink and the veggies are tender.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)