Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Salsa Verde is another one of my experiments with my new Instant Pot. I love shredded chicken enchiladas. Most of the time my go-to method is to prep chicken enchiladas using pan-seared chicken. From there I usually chop the chicken into small chunks. This has been my typical method because my favorite method is to use shredded chicken, which requires the slow-cooker. Pan-seared chicken is awesome, but for enchiladas, nothing beats juicy, shredded chicken! Using the slow-cooker does not require any additional work, it actually saves a lot of actual work time, but it’s not always convenient. For weeknight dinners, if I want to cook a dish using shredded chicken, I have to plan ahead and make sure the slow-cooker is loaded in the morning. Using an Instant Pot to shred chicken saves a TON of time. I was spending at a minimum 4 hours (slow-cooker high setting) to prepare juicy, shredded chicken. With an Instant Pot you can prepare shredded chicken in 10 minutes!
Calories: 324 Fat: 7G Net Carbs: 24G Protein: 33G
I added salsa and chicken broth to the pot to ensure juicy texture and a savory taste.
Look at how amazing this chicken turned out! I can’t wait to try out my Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe using the Instant Pot.
Both versions of this salsa verde (with or without Greek yogurt) will pair wonderfully with chips!
Now it’s time for everyone’s favorite part…..adding the CHEESE!
While this recipe does save the “waiting time” of using a slow-cooker, it may not save you much overall “working time.” My Instant Pot 10 Minute Steak Tacos recipe is an example of a dish that saves a ton of time overall. This recipe is slightly different in the fact that it allows a quick and easy way to prepare shredded chicken in 10 minutes vs the 4 hours I was spending using a slow-coooker
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Low-Carb Banana Nut Bread
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Salsa Verde
- 4 tomatillos peeled
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeno depending on desired spice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime juice of
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Season the chicken breasts with the seasonings.
- Add the chicken breasts, salsa, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the pot and adjust the settings to the Meat Setting. 10 minutes should be the default. Leave it at 10 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release steam on its own without quick release.
- Line a baking pan with foil and add the jalapenos and tomatillos. Broil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip each of the tomatillos and the jalapeno and allow to bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Combine the cilantro, lime juice, salt, and chopped onions in a medium-sized bowl. Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients.
- When the tomatillos and jalapeno have finished, remove from the oven. Adjust the temperature on the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop the tomatillos and jalapeno into smaller pieces and add to the medium-sized bowl. Add the Greek yogurt to the bowl.
- Using a hand blender, blend all of the ingredients until creamy. You can also use a blender or a food processor.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Using a knife and fork, shred the chicken.
- Spray a large baking pan or casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the tortillas in the pan and load with the shredded chicken and Rotel.
- Use the salsa verde to close each tortilla. Top with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese bubbles.
- Allow to cool before serving.