St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner. so guilt-free sugar cookies are in order. I wanted to make them a little different. They are already pretty different since they are guilt-free, but I wanted to continue with the stretch. I typically go out with friends for St. Patty’s. We spend the afternoon and early evening eating and drinking. It’s always a great time. These cookies are a great way to indulge while creating some sense of balance during all of the festivities.
Calories: 110 Fat: 6G Net Carbs: 11G Protein: 3G
I used a ratio of standard sugar to stevia for this recipe. I have been using stevia for a few years now. It is my favorite alternative sweetener, and it’s ORGANIC. Stevia is plant-based and contains no artificial sweeteners. It has zero calories and carbs. You can find it at health food store such as Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, etc. I do not feel stevia has an aftertaste. I enjoy it. I will definitely try out a recipe using only stevia at some point.
Guilt Free Sugar Cookies with Frosting
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder extract
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat white flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, sugar, and yogurt to a mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, combine the ingredients and mix.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and yogurt mixture in phases. I added it in 3 different phases. Mix and blend until dough begins with to form
- Wet your hands slightly with water.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough into your hands and form balls with the dough. Add the balls to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine were ready around 9.
- Allow the cookies to cool before frosting.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla to a bowl. Beat with a mixer until the frosting becomes fluffy.
- Top the cookie balls with the frosting. Sprinkle the sprinkles throughout.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)