Grilled salmon with mango salsa will zest up your salmon. No one likes a boring meal. Boring meals make it easy to burn out on a healthy, meal prep lifestyle. I have several different salmon marinades. Each contains a few of my staple spices, but each is unique in its own way.
This recipe combines the benefits of a great marinade with an incredible, homemade salsa.
I love brown rice and asparagus as side dishes for salmon. I used Trader Joe’s Rice Medley that includes a blend of brown rice, red rice, and black barley. It’s frozen, fully cooked, and only takes a couple of minutes to prepare.
Calories: 268 Fat: 15.4G Net Carbs: 8.5G Protein: 22.5G
Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 1 cup of mango sliced, chopped
- ½ cup of cilantro
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- Paprika to taste
- ½ lime juice of
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon McCorkmick’s Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick’s Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 pound of salmon
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Wash and dry the salmon and place on foil. Spread soy sauce over the salmon, covering both sides.
- Pour olive oil into a small bowl. Brush both sides of the salmon with the oil.
- Slice the lemon in half. Using half of the lemon, squeeze fresh juice over the salmon.
- Combine all of the salmon marinade ingredients into a bowl. Using a spoon, season both sides with the marinade.
- Cut the remaining half of the lemon into multiple slices. Top the salmon with the lemon slices.
- Close the foil wrap around the salmon. Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight preferred.
- Combine the mango salsa ingredients and stir. Refrigerate.
- Grill the salmon in the foil until the salmon is tender. Use a fork to determine the appropriate texture. (You can also broil the salmon if you are unable to grill).
- Arrange the salmon and top with the salsa mixture.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)