This skinny greek chicken and rice recipe is to die for. I have been on a one-pot/skillet per recipe kick lately. You would be surprised by how much time it saves! This recipe is another “not your typical chicken breast and rice.” The red wine vinegar provides mouth-watering flavor.
Calories: 403 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 36G Protein: 32G
This is the perfect organic, brown rice for those of us with busy schedules.
Spread the rice throughout the bottom of the skillet. Add the olives, tomatoes, and lemon.
Top with the cooked chicken.
Items that will assist with this recipe:
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00IHWNBJU” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Seeds of Change Microwavable Rice, Whole Grain Brown Basmati Rice, 8.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00QPEVXUQ” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Seeds of Change Brown & Red Rice w/ Chia & Kale, 8.5 Ounce, 6 Count[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000UXWQMC” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Roland Olives, Kalamata Halves, 70 Ounce[/easyazon_link]
Greek Chicken and Rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1 bag/container of Seeds of Change Brown and Red Rice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup red onions chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon half sliced and the other half juice of
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and pepper to taste
- Combine one tablespoon of olive oil, half of lemon (juice of), red wine vinegar, McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano in a zip lock bag.
- Add the chicken breasts. Shake and pound the bag to ensure the mixture is coated. Allow to the chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to 12 hours.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Remove the chicken from the Ziploc bag and add to the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for 90 seconds. When complete, add the rice to the skillet.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to fully combine.
- Top with lemon slices, olives, tomatoes, and parsley
Tzatziki dip makes the perfect topping! Costco has a tub for about $6.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)