I’m a huge fan of recipes I can prepare that only use one pan or skillet. I cook often. Lots of cooking means lots of clean-up with dishes to wash. Between meal prep, the gym, work, and a social life, I like to save time whenever I can. I saved additional time with this recipe by using Trader Joe’s Fully Cooked Organic Quinoa. Standard quinoa takes some time to cook on the stove. This is a great way to save some of that time with a product that is organic and tastes great.
Calories: 246 Fat: 3G Net Carbs: 26G Protein: 21G
Garlic Shrimp and Quinoa
- 1 pouch of Trader Joes Fully Cooked Organic Quinoa
- 1 pound of shrimp peeled, devined
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ lemon juice of
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- Prepare the quinoa in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Season the shrimp with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Adjust the heat to medium low.
- Add the quinoa to the skillet. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the mixture. Stir well.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)