Macros (Corn Tortillas):
Calories: 147 Fat: 4.8G Net Carbs: 11.2G Protein: 13G
Macros (Carb Balance Tortillas):
Calories: 177 Fat: 6G Net Carbs: 5.7G Protein: 15G
The macros on these tacos are quite impressive. Whipping up restaurant-quality tacos that taste great, yet are still great for your waistline can actually be very easy. Cod is easy to use for fish tacos. Keep in mind, cod crumbles and breaks pretty easily. For me, this is a plus because I prefer to eat tacos with smaller crumbled pieces vs a full filet of fish.
I topped my tacos with plain, non-fat Greek yogurt and salsa.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime juice of
- 2 cups of red cabbage shredded
- Combine slaw ingredients and stir. Refrigerate.
- Mix seasonings and spices in a small bowl. Squeeze lime juice over the spices. Using a spoon, cover the fish with the spices.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook the fish in the skillet for about 5 minutes on each side or until browned on the outside.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven until slightly firm.
- Cut the fish into pieces and divide into equal servings for each tortilla.
- Top with slaw.