I love a nice, juicy steak, so a fajita steak salad makes the perfect recipe. I often pair my steak with side dishes that are very unhealthy, such as, creamy mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, stuffed baked potatoes, etc. I’ve brainstormed several steak recipes that allow me to enjoy steak, without any guilt.
This recipe is great for summer or fall. I prefer grilled steak, especially with grilled veggies. You can broil or pan cook if you do not have a grill.
For meal prep purposes, I place the fajita veggies, corn and steak in Tupperware. I pack the salad mix in Ziploc bags, ensuring there’s little to no air in the bag. I reheat the steak and veggies each day and create a salad from there.
I paired it with my Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Calories: 390 Fat: 32G Net Carbs: 6.5G Protein: 18G
Fajita Steak Salad
- ½ avocado thinly sliced
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper thinly sliced
- ½ orange pepper thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 oz flank steak
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce chopped
- Wash and trim any fat from the steak, pat dry.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and liquid smoke onto both sides of the steaks.
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl. Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the steak.
- Place the steak in a Ziploc bag. Seal the bag, removing all air. Place in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill steak to preferred doneness (i.e. medium).
- Allow the steak to cool for a few minutes. Slice the steak into small pieces.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl. Top with the steak, onions, garlic, peppers, and avocado.
- Drizzle with the salad dressing upon serving.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)