Chicken pot pie soup is one my favorite meals during the fall and winter months. Every year, over my Christmas break/vacation time from work, I usually prepare 3-4 soups and freeze them for future use. I label the Tupperware with Post-Its detailing the type of soup and the date I cooked it. This is a great way for me to prepare for the New Year and get ahead on meal prep. I LOVE using my crockpot for soups. It saves me so much time. This recipe is very similar to a chicken pot pie, but on the healthy side. It has the same great flavor, but with macros that will help you stay snatched!
Calories: 361 Fat: 6G Carbs: 44G Protein: 30G
Add the veggies and chicken to the crock pot. Chopping up the veggies is literally the only heavy lifting required with this dish. It takes less than 15 minutes. I LOVE crockpot liners, another way to save time.
Whisk together the skim milk, soup, and thyme.
Add the soup and milk mixture to the chicken and veggies.
Pop these in the oven about 15 minutes before the soup is scheduled to finish in the crockpot.
Once the biscuits are in the oven, remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred using a knife and fork.
My favorite way to prepare shredded chicken is by using a crockpot. The chicken is so moist and juicy, making it easy to shred.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 12 oz skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups of skim milk
- 2 red potatoes peeled, sliced, and cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 Grands Jr biscuits
- 1/4 cup of parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning salt, and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Combine the milk, soup, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl
- Place all of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Bake the biscuits according to the package directions.
- To serve, place a serving of the soup into a bowl and top with a biscuit.