One pan skillet meals have become an obsession of mine. I love to save time anyway I can. I used Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning (my favorite) in this recipe for bold flavor. I love the skillet idea because you can cut down on a lot of carbs by ditching the tortilla. This also makes the recipe easy to meal prep. I packed the meals in portable, glass containers. I placed lime slices in Ziploc bags. You can warm up the meal and squeeze fresh lime juice over each serving right before eating. Salsa and non-fat, plain Greek yogurt make great toppings. Trust me, it is divine!
Calories: 262 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 17G Protein: 32G
I sliced the veggies and placed them in a grill pan. I grilled them for about 10 minutes, until tender.
Chicken Fajita Skillet
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ red pepper sliced
- ½ green pepper sliced
- ½ yellow pepper sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion sliced into small pieces
- ½ lime juice of
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Coat the chicken breasts with a small amount of soy sauce, enough to coat each breast.
- Season the breasts with the marinades and seasonings. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag.
- Store the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours – overnight, max.
- Arrange the sliced vegetables (with the exception of the tomatoes, black beans, and cilantro) on a grill tray.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the Ziploc bag and grill until the chicken is cooked through. About 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Grill the veggies until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and veggies from the grill.
- Slice the chicken into small pieces. Add the chicken and veggies to a skillet.
- Squeeze lime juice over the skillet.