It is no secret that I am in need for new breakfast recipes. I feel like I will come up with an amazing recipe, then after 4 weeks I’m in need of a change. My Low-Carb Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Casserole was a major hit! I did advance meal prep with that recipe for quite a few weeks. It made the perfect post-workout meal!
The truth is, even the best recipes can grow old after a while…especially if you are eating them every single day. I came up with the idea for this recipe with my Low-Carb Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole fresh in mind.
This dish is loaded with protein and packed with veggies. I have been on a huge veggies kick lately and added sun-dried tomatoes and spinach here.
The poached egg is perfect! The egg is what makes this a breakfast dish.
Bacon Egg and Spinach Whole Wheat Breakfast Pasta
- 6 oz whole wheat linguine pasta
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- poached eggs For serving.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in boiling salted water. Drain and place the pasta in a large pot.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Once melted, add the flour and whisk.
- This will create a slurry. Continue to whisk until the four is fully combined.
- Add the almond milk and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Season the slurry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the slurry sauce, garlic, crumbled bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach to the pot with the pasta.
- Cook on medium heat and stir until fully combined for 4-5 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Top with poached egg before serving.