This bacon mushroom thyme chicken recipe makes a wonderful meal prep option. Who wants to meal prep the same, boring chicken breast week after week? I certainly do not. This is the perfect way to jazz up your standard chicken breasts and is low in carbs! When I cook food in advance for the week I usually try to stick with chicken dishes that are paired with a cream sauce, stuffed with yummy ingredients, or includes a separate salsa type topping. This helps to keep the leftover chicken from drying out. Cream sauces work great. Often, I find that when I reheat a dish with a cream sauce, it tastes better than it did the first day.
Bonus: Bacon makes everything better. 🙂
Calories: 278 Fat: 17G Net Carbs: 2G Protein: 28G
Bacon and Mushroom Chicken with Thyme
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with the seasonings.
- Add one tablespoon of the oil to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pan sear each side of the chicken for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet and saute the garlic and mushrooms until soft.
- Add the bacon, almond milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for another minute.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)