I need to switch up my breakfast routine so I came up with almond butter protein muffins.
I picked up the Almond Butter and protein from Trader Joe’s. I love to grab products like these from Trader Joe’s because their everyday prices are much lower than most health food stores.
I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but I do enjoy DARK chocolate. I used dark chocolate chips. Dark chocolate has many health benefits. I suffer from migraines from time to time. There is evidence dark chocolate can help alleviate migraines.
Dark chocolate has a higher percentage of cocoa powder than milk or white chocolate, thus dark chocolate also has more caffeine. Caffeine can help restrict blood flow to the head and help relieve pressure from migraines and other headaches.
Dark chocolate has also been proven to help lower blood pressure, improve heart health, and is rich in antioxidants.
I love how these turned out! I love the texture. It can be difficult to find the perfect combination of ingredients to use while baking with protein powder.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl, mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in a larger mixing bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips. Stir well to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup with the mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the muffins are golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Serve!