Calories: 365 Fat: 29G Net Carbs: 9G Protein: 11G
Salads in a jar have become popular “go-to’s” for meal prep. This salad makes a great side dish for the main entree. My preferred dressing is a homemade olive oil and balsamic vinegar mix. For a salad this size, I would combine 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar (this is included in the macros listed above).
- 4 slices of Trader Joe’s Uncured Nitrate Free Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups of fresh mixed greens
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/3rd cup pecan halves
- 1/3rd cup Athenos Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Layer all of the salad ingredients into a jar.
- Pour into a bowl or plate to serve.
- Top with dressing.